1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL -- 5/8 .. now with 100 percent more Betty White

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 11, 2010.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

gilda radner is still funnier than at least 4 of those

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He makes Horatio Sanz seem like Robin Williams.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That Snickers commercial is one of the funniest ones I have seen in a long time.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd have to go back and watch the handful of Charles Rocket episodes before declaring whether Meyers is the worst ever, but he's probably the worst ever to do it for a full season.

The fact that he's the head writer tells you everything you need to know about that show sucking major ass.

5. Mizzougrad96

Betty White is the rare celebrity where people will be devastated when she dies.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I never understood why Lou Grant didn't take her up on some home cookin'.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

A spnited joke in less than 15 minutes.

I knew you could do it, SJ.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Too bad spnited won't get to see it until it's reprinted in his Reader's Digest.

9. Mizzougrad96

During her monologue, they should have someone come out and interrupt her and ask her is they should take her or Rue McClanahan in the next dead pool.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh - I'm sure it will underwhelm. Don't know how you use White in a political sketch, hopefully they won't make her one of Wiig's character's mothers, though they might use her as a competing cashier for Wiig's Target sketch.
    Wouldn't mind a Mary Tyler Moore Show rip-off - I almost think they're bringing Fey back to write.

11. Mizzougrad96

As big as Fey is getting, I'm surprised she keeps running back to SNL whenever Lorne beckons... I know they took a chance on her when she was just a writer, but I'd love it if she said, "Lorne, your show sucks, I want nothing to do with it."

12. Mizzougrad96

Has a single A-lister hosted this year?

Draft saved Draft deleted