1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 5/7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 7, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You almost wonder if they don't let him see the cue cards before he does it.

2. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

Where has Jay Pharaoh gone? I don't think I saw him at all in last night's episode.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I saw a thing where he said that for Stefon skits they end up changing stuff right before he goes on and a good portion he's reading for the first time.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They've totally blown it with him. The absolutely unfunny Paul Brittain gets more work then Pharaoh does.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Pharoah's Obama impression is amazing. Hopefully he'll be used properly next season. I think there's some unwritten SNL rule about how much people are used during their first season. Sandler, Spade, Ferrell, Rock etc. were all barely used their first seasons on the air. The main exceptions are those who were hired after a major cast overhaul (Carvey, Miller, Lovitz, Hartman...).

I just finished Fey's book, which was outstanding, so seeing her on a very mediocre Mother's Day show was surprising, especially in a week when there was so much with which to work.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I did enjoy Brittain's Hallmark spot on Saturday.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I actually watched this week and thought it sucked.
    Hader's bit as city correspondent is the only thing I found funny.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I must be alone in thinking that Hader's Stefon is just terribly unfunny.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The digital short was fucking brilliant. Probably top five, behind Lazy Sunday and the Shy Ronnie collection. And Sergio!

10. No. No you are not.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's funny, but it would be much better if each appearance of his was about half as long as it was.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The times I've seen it, there's always been something he says that catches me.
    This time it was the 2-year-old cage fighter with 'fists like little empanadas.'

Draft saved Draft deleted