1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 5/21/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lisa_simpson, May 21, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He had her when she was the hottest thing going.

I know it can all be image, but he seems like a decent guy.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you're talking about K-Fed, you're right. I did some freelance photo brokering for them over the summer of 2005 down in Louisiana, and literally hung out with him on several occasions over the course of a couple of months of craziness, and he was always polite, took good care of his kids, played a ton of golf, and smoked a lot of pot. He never took himself too seriously, as best I could tell.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was referring to JT, but I've heard that about K-Fed as well. A friend used to help coordinate "appearances" at a Vegas nightclub and they would pay him a hefty sum to bring him in, in the hopes that Britney would come along (she usually did not). This is when they were dating and married.

I remember asking him, "So what is that douchebag like to deal with?" and he said that if it was just K-Fed, that he was totally mellow and polite, but it was completely different if Britney and her entourage were there.

4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

This was a skit that was done in rehearsal but didn't make the show.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/23/justin-timberlake-mozard-saturday-night-live/

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It was a good show. Read a story that Sudekis plans on coming back which is good. They really need to bump Pedrad up, she has regular characters and yet she's still just a featured player?
    Thought the weekend update was one of the better ones, but they should really add another person. Meyers is okay, but they need a stronger personality for him to play off of.

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

My dad, who is 65 this year, called me up on Sunday and told me I absolutely had to catch up on SNL this week because The Timberlake was so good. I think all he'd previously known JT as was 'the N'Sync guy' (though I think I managed to talk him into renting 'The Social Network' now), so he was blown away.

I think JT is concentrating on being a 'for real' actor now, or he'd be even bigger than he is. He's a tremendous talent, and he seems like a very normal and non-screwed-up guy.

My dad also really liked Lady Gaga. It was an amusing conversation.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

this DIDN'T make the cut? wtf? pretty strong skit, imho...

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Paul Brittain is woefully underused. His two taped pieces this season were two of the funniest this year.

-- Hallmark Mother's Day commericial: http://www.hulu.com/watch/239648/saturday-night-live-hallmark-mothers-day)

-- "Sex Ed" Vincent (http://www.hulu.com/watch/187738/saturday-night-live-sex-ed-vincent)

Draft saved Draft deleted