1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 5/14

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by holy bull, May 14, 2011.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Hamm's hosted three times - twice last year, and in the fall of '08.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some of Kristen Wiig's skits are weird and way too long, but I think she's by far the most talented member of the current cast and has a strong movie career ahead of her.

She's fearless.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I did have a fun moment this week's episode when my toddler began singing along with Cat Stevens during the poker skit.

This morning, 24 hours later, he's walking around the house belting, "Woah! Woah! Woah!" (His version.)

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

They're not hoping to make an Ambiguously Gay Duo movie, are they?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've thought before that I'd be curious for her to get a movie role with some depth, maybe something with a little drama mixed in. I'd like to see how she'd take to that.

Frankly, if there was any way they could get that grouping -- Hamm, Fallon, Carrell, Colbert, Helms (forget Armisen) -- I'd pay to see it.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of everything Wiig does - Penelope never fail to crack me up, but I wish she'd also retire Target Lady, Garth and Kath, and her blowsy actress character in the Password ripoff.
    That said, she is an attractive woman who is not afraid to play very unglam, schlubby roles. Who else would play the deformed Lennon sister with the sixhead and thimble hands in the Lawrence Welk sketches? That's why she'll be big in the movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted