1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 5/14

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by holy bull, May 14, 2011.

1. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Helms opening was pretty good, telling his baton-twirling story, and the corn syrup commercial wasn't bad.

This could've shown up on the random fact thread, but I can twirl a baton, as taught to me by a cute girl I knew in HS.

Oh boy: Timberlake and Lady Gaga next week.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

And now, we have a rare appearance of the Ambiguously Gay Duo.

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

And a non-animated version, no less. I did not see that coming.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, that corn syrup commercial? They used it before. Doesn't bode well for the show when second slot of the whole damned thing is rehashed.

However, Ace and Gary live-action? With a slew of guest stars? Okay. That gets props.

"Quick, Gary! Come on my back!"

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hopefully for Simon's this is not the signature song on new album

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know it's gutter-level humor (not Gutter-level humor) but the AG Duo kills me every single time.

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

You're fucking kidding, right? I haven't watched the show enough in the last few years to have recognized that. If they're resorting to that, they have reached new depths of pathetic. Goddam.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Will Pharoah (sp?) fucking KILLED that Will Smith. This guy should be in every single skit. The best thing on this show by a marathon.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OK, Lindsey Buckingham actually showing up for that sketch was pretty damn cool.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The people on Entertainment Weekly's website are being overly harsh. AG was hilarious, especially when it turned live action. What Up With That was great... this was one of the best SNL's of the season, I thought.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just now saw the AGD ... holy shit. Honestly, I only recognized Fallon and Helms during that.

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I hate Paul Simon, and dozed off during his first number. Missed the whole rest of the show. I mean, I really hate Paul Simon, and never understood his appeal, clever, subtle lyrics be damned. His music is boring and insipid.

Draft saved Draft deleted