1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 3/6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Mar 6, 2010.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So, is the Beard fake or real?

The last sketch showed Zach G. with a thick mustache but no facial hair. The end of the show, on the stage, he was back with the beard.

I'd give the episode a gentleman's C, parts were funny, most was stupid.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

There are two maps. The divided U.S. map was over Forte's right shoulder and the smaller, non-divided North and South American continents was between them.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The hot spot lately seems to come after the first commercial. There've been a couple of tasteless but really funny sketches there recently - the funeral last night and the will reading with Ashton Kutcher as the pool boy having a fling with dead grandma.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

The beard during the closing credits was fake - there's a Behind the Scenes clip on Hulu of Zach shaving his beard during Vampire Weekend's second song.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Zach was funny - but that's about it.

Kind of disappointed they didn't do an card noting the death of T-Bone Wolk who was in the band for several years.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I just watched the episode.
    What's up with That and Galifinakis popping up on other TV shows saved a pretty mediocre showing.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is this the last place in the western hemisphere where SNL is still discussed regularly?
    What kind of ratings are they getting?

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

This matchup would have been very popular in 2004.

(Editor's note: This does not mean I don't appreciate Jude Law or Pearl Jam.)

Draft saved Draft deleted