1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 3/6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Mar 6, 2010.

1. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Not a great opening, but so far, I've chuckled at the monologue a few times.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When all else fails, have dudes kissing for laughs.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just saw that Jude Law's hosting next week with musical guest Pearl Jam.

Hope they have PJ start one of their performances with a few seconds of lip-synching an Ashlee Simpson song, then have the band act embarrassed then start playing their own song.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not BYH!!!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, I'll give you credit; you made the moment last.

7. Killick

Just noticed something weird. During the Will Forte song... when they do the one-shot, there's a US map behind him with the states separated. When they go to a two-shot with Seth, though, the world map doesn't have the US states separated. What the hell...? Taped?

8. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Back in November, I started watching The Wanda Sykes Show on Fox and then switch over to SNL after Wanda is over. I end up missing the first 30 minutes of SNL, but it's well worth it since The Wanda Sykes Show is 10 times funnier than SNL. Wanda has the funniest late night show on TV. Anyone else here watch Wanda Sykes?

http://www.fastpasstv.com/tv/the-wanda-sykes-show/

9. Killick

Yeah, I've been watching, too. Pretty funny. Good one tonight when Greg Giraldo called her out on the band-member uniform. "Okay, we can go there, motherf*cker." Good stuff.

Though, each week I wonder: Is Porsche (or Portia, or however it's spelled) really a dude?

10. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Yes, "Porsche" is a drag queen. His real name is Brant Kaiwi.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Much of the monologue was from Galifanakis' stand-up act. That's why it was actually funny.

The Today Show skit was funny. Galifanalkis in the background was funny.

Most of the show sucked, as usual.

12. Killick

Correction: The Galifanakis part of the Today Show skit was funny. The rest of that skit -- WIIG!!! -- was horribly unfunny.

Draft saved Draft deleted