1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 2/7/09

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Feb 7, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I checked his resume and he is probably in the all-time top 10 of "huh?" guest hosts.

I thought he was Bradley Whitford for the first 20 minutes.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

thought the no-name host was good. that said, he might be the most obscure snl host EVER.

certainly has to be among top 5.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, btw, that Bjork thing? Okay, it wasn't funny, nor timely. For instance, SportsJournalists.com (and I) had that two weeks ago. TWO WEEKS AGO on the 'Icelandic government teetering' thread.
    That writing staff. Boy, they're on the ball. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Cooper, I remembered him most from Alias, where he played, like, fifth banana.

But like shock said, he was better than a lot of hosts they've had.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Check out Wet Hot American Summer. He is quite funny in that. In fact, SNL could do well to just gut the entire current writing staff and bring in the folks who did The State, 'cause they're actually funny. Presumably, Bradley Cooper was there to promote He's Just Not That Into You, but he had to have been like the fourth or fifth choice from that cast to appear.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Bradley Cooper was also on Nip/Tuck last season, and was in the movie "Failure To Launch," as one of Matthew McConaughey's friends.

SNL had its moments. I thought the digital short was really funny - a spoof of late 90s rap videos, think Biggie's "Hypnotize."

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Have to admit, every once in a while today, I caught myself singing "I'm on a boat!" Folks at the grocery store probably thought I was schizo.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, that's quite the cast. Aniston, Barrymore, Johannson, Jennifer Connelly, Ben Affleck, Justin Long, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kevin Connolly ("Entourage"). Whew.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

T-Pain was just killing me on that song. "Poseidon...look at meeee." And "Believe me when I say...I fucked a mermaid."

Draft saved Draft deleted