1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 2/12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Just watched the episode.
    Pretty solid, but the Weekly Update was absolutely amazing. The guy doing Eminem had me laughing so much I had to stop and rewind to see what he said.
    And Stefon might be the best reoccuring Update character. I wonder if Hader even bothers trying not to laugh, because it's simply impossible to say those things without losing it.
    Brand was good, enjoyed his monologue, and Chris Brown's first performance was decent.
    I liked this more than the Carvey episode, which I still don't get why people think was so good - Wayne's World is tired and dated and Church Lady is worse. I will say the Regis impression was fantastic, but this week's episode was much better.
    EDIT: The preview of "Don' You go Rounin' Roun to Re Ro" was terrific. Hader needs to be in every skit.
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That Eminem guy runs away with every sketch he's in. That was fantastic. "KNIFE!"
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Eminem impression was amazing. It almost made up for the opening skit where Sudeikis made no attempt to look or sound like O'Reilly.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Sudeikis was in that sketch? All I remember is Nasim Pedrad in a tight shirt.
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I may be getting SNL castmembers mixed up, but isn't the guy who did the Eminem impression engaged to the HIMYM actress?
  6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

As someone who could not understand five words of dialogue in acclaimed British crime movies like "Sexy Beast" and "The Long Good Friday" (and has yet to decipher one syllable out of Jason Statham), that film was right on.
    Very interesting scene at the goodnights (pointed out by a poster on another board I frequent). Who were all those guys at the front of the stage with Russell Brand and Chris Brown? I saw a couple of male cast members way off to the side, and none of the females at all. Sounds like somebody was getting F-youed.
  7. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Yeah, Taran Killam. He's new along with Jay Pharoah.
  8. mediaguy

mediaguy Active Member

The Eminem was spot-on. Outstanding.
Draft saved Draft deleted