1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL (12/18)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and that's why we still watch SNL.

Digital short tonite with Akon, guest star John McEnroe, entitled "I Just Had Sex."

Awesome.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As soon as they got to the chorus, I thought, "the Lonely Island guys got their mojo back."

3. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

And the two lucky ladies were Blake Lively and Jessica Alba.

4. Killick

I thought that was Alba, but thought there was no way she'd be doing a digital short. As for Lively... no idea who she is.

EDIT: Wow, either this is a pretty good show, or I'm a laughing mood. "Crunkmas Karnival" got several laughs out of me, from invoking a special appearance from Koko B. Ware to the "Growing Pains" reunion featuring only Joanna Kearns. ("WE GOT THE MOM!")
    Pretty funny.

5. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

RIP Ass Dan.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Does this mean that they're lowering their standards into my league? God I hope so.

Killick, Blake Lively is ... magic. I don't even get the frigging CW and I've learned that.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Metrodome was perfect for "Crunkmas Karnival." Bridges and Cookie Monster was a nice touch.

I should probably stop watching now while I'm ahead.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Great performance by Eminem and Lil Wayne.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought exactly what Killick posted: This is why we still watch SNL. That digital short was incredible.

10. Killick

Wow. Even Weekend Update scores with:
    • On Snooki being in the Times Square ball on New Year's, "... though I have a feeling it won't be the first time she's drunkenly gone down on something at a party while everybody stands around and cheers."
    • The kid found to have falsified his transcripts to Harvard, (in a haughty voice) "... he's been sentenced to four years at Cornell."

(though the Brad Pitt thing... what was that? Have never heard Pitt sound anything like that...)

The Jewish-take on "This Is a Wonderful Life?!" was decent, though "Jeff'd" was pretty lame. Still, a pretty good show tonight.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It was a good show. Eminem just crushed it. Did think Jeff Bridges was a little underused.
    After the songs the monologue, weekend update and the short, what were there, four sketches he was in?
    The Dude is in two movies at the moment plus played one of the most iconic characters in movie history and not a single sketch involving any of that was just weird.
    I did think Cookie Monster being on was pure inspired genius.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Bridges didn't even plug his movies by name in the monologue. I'm sure his directors loved that.

Draft saved Draft deleted