1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL (12/16) - Justin Timberlake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

For the first time in a long time, they actually did something that had me laughing the next day. Anyone else catch the digital short with JT and Adam Samberg?

Music video parody "Dick in a Box". It's up on YouTube:

Better copy at SNL's site: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/videos/

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Follow these steps ...
    One: Cut a hole in a box.
    Two: Put your junk in that box.
    Three: Make her open the box.

Also priceless: When Maya Rudolph mouths "Thank you" when she opens the box ...

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You know, I've not a huge fan of his over-stylized, blue-eyed sole(d), but SNL seems to have their better episodes when he's around. He must be a funny cat, or at least he's game for anything.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Maya Rudolph's reaction was the best part for me -- that was classic.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Didn't watch it, but liked it off the snl site.

Sad, however, that they don't have the entire "Homelessville" skit up there. Still not as funny as "Omeletville" which made me giggle maniacally.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Best SNL of the season (which, admittedly, isn't saying much).

I'm not a Timberlake fan, but he's pretty damn good hosting SNL.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

There's no way that SNL hasn't employed a couple of new writers or given some of the old ones new freedoms. The last three shows have been increasingly good.

Last night's was, by far, the best of the year. The opening number was very well done. The Barry Gibbs talk show with Timberlake and Fallon was pretty damn good. The "Dick in a box" short was hilarious. And none of the skits really stunk.

It might have been the best since Ferrell left.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

They pulled out a couple of skits from the last time JT did the show and recycled them ... but they worked.

Just wondering why, if beautiful, nubile Cameron was floating around the back halls, why they didn't use her for something a little bigger than introducing one of his songs...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wasw one of the best non-Alec Baldwin episodes I've seen in a few seasons... bringing back old material was good; but agree with Shottie... where was Cameron Diaz

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Anyone know the season Alec Baldwin did the Christmas "NPR" piece on Pete's Schwety Balls?

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Finally, a worthy successor to "Lazy Sunday" and that classic Natalie Portman rap.
    The Nancy Grace bit was as nasty as anything I've seen them do the past several years - Amy Poehler had the audience practically intimidated into silence.

12. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Brittney Spears is another so-so personality who seems to shine when hosting SNL. And speaking of Spears and SNL, Amy Poehler's rant a few weeks ago about, uh, Brittney's pelvic hygeine habits had me damned near crying...good stuff...

Draft saved Draft deleted