1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 12/11/10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Dec 12, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's called Lorne Michaels. He is The Cooler of funny.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I actually thought that bit was pretty funny, too. Tina Fey calling him an idiot, for one thing, but also the line, "Do your research; do your research." Mostly in a NY Mets jersey, if I remember correctly.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Human Giant on MTV was hilarious. Most of the comedy central sketch shows have been lame, since Chappelle left.

Darrell Hammond said on Stern's show awhile back that the current cast members care more about developing characters for themselves than they do about coming up with topical sketches.

I think that's the biggest reason why the show sucks.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, okay, okay. I'll give you Armisen defenders the David Patterson bits. Gotta admit that one. I still would like to register my dissent on the others, though.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'm with you, chet. Love Stefan and 'What's Up With That?'

And that Jay Pharoah principal character could really work. Instead of setting it on a stage in an auditorium, they need to set the skit in a dean's office.

Open on a secretary reading the day's announcements into an intercom microphone. Every so often, he cuts in. That lends itself better to the close-to-the-microphone shtick than in an auditorium. Plus, you aren't beholden to the topic of the assembly; you can be all over the place, considering they are morning announcements.

Could see him in a white short-sleeved shirt and tie -- maybe a sweater vest. Lots of potential there.

Draft saved Draft deleted