1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 12/11/10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I second the love for Stefon...seeems like this could possibly be a breakout "Dieter" like character, makes me laugh every time.

Even though it is a one trick pony I also really like the "What's up with that?" skit.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought Stefon was funny once, maybe twice. Now, I fast-forward when Hader comes out on Weekend Update.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't know what it means about the problems with SNL, but a lot of the people that aren't funny on the show are hilarious in other stuff. Will Forte has been fantastic in everything i've seen him in that wasn't SNL. Fred Armisen has never made me laugh on SNL, but was gold in guest spots on 30 Rock and Parks and Rec. He's also been funny in some small movie roles.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's called writing.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm with you to a degree, but I thought the writing on SNL sucked when Tina Fey was head writer and I've loved just about everything she's done since. I'm starting to think the sketch comedy format, especially on network TV, is played out.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I love Armisen as David Patterson. But that's about it.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You're a Stepford Fan.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Have to disagree, it's one of the easiest way to get me to laugh. I just know it's going to be completely stupid and make me giggle. However, the episode as a whole wasn't spot on except for the "What's my name" bit. That was freaking funny.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would love to see Stefon show up at a party with Wiig's Penelope character.
    "Well I attended a party where we (Bleeeeeeeeep)ed a swordfish that was still flopping around then we (bleeeeep) it with our (bleep) until we (bleep)ed and jello went flying everywhere!"

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Sofa King commercial.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The first Rialto Grand sketch, when he plays Mackey the senile drummer.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Armisen's thing on The Gates display in Central Park, when was that 2005?
    That was funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted