1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

snl, 11/15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Nov 15, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

my gawd, is beyonce beautiful. a gift, pure and simple.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

(The preceding message was typed with one hand).

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

(The following message was, too)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, you guys....

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

effin' justin timberlake. he moved on from cameron diaz to jessica biel?! eff him!!!

p.s. he's also very, very good on snl. this dance skit with him as one of the three male dancers for a beyonce video was cool.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was going to start this thread right at the start of the show but didn't want to start the thread on a negative bend toward an old man.

But in the opening credits, Don Pardo identified one of the new cast members as Michaela Watson. Uh, her last name is Watkins.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Slappy so walked into it.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And I felt older than dirt when I found out the other new cast member is Chris Elliott's daughter.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is really weird, an SNL that saved itself AFTER the first musical number.

And that, of course, was all Timberlake.

Now I know how to really enjoy SNL: Have JT do one in 130 seconds.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Well crap, I turned it off after Beyonce ... because the first half was gawdawful dreadful.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, I thought Snagglepuss was pretty funny - never realized how much the character sounded like Nathan Lane. Yeah - Beyonce. First musical guest I've watched this year.

Odd though, it seemed like every skit but the first one had some variation of "being gay" or gay sex is funny. Guys kissing, guys having sex in a car, guys getting raped in prison, guys dancing, guys painting each other nude.

Just seems like they could try a little harder.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would think that was very deliberate with this being the first show after Prop 8's passage.

Draft saved Draft deleted