1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 10-6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NoOneLikesUs, Oct 6, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mr. Short-Term Memory was awesome. "Hey how are the Red Sox going to do this year?" "We just talked about that."

I thought Wayne's World debuted between 12:30 and 1, but not as the last skit of the night. I was always under the impression the worst skits aired between 12:30 and the last skit...I thought they saved the last skit for something decent. You know, a good lead-in to "Showtime At The Apollo."

There will never be another Wayne's World...b/c anything remotely funny ends up in the first 15 minutes. No way something that funny emerges from the last half-hour ever again.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

they've tried, repeatedly to duplicate Wayne's World with the Junior High talk show and the web cast sketch with Fallon, both extremely lame.
    The Chevy Chase sketch left me both sad that Chase was on again (kind of like the college kid who comes back to the high school parties or the Uncle who moves in with you because his wife left him) and even more sad that he was one of the funnier people on the show.
    Do they have anyone who can do Obama and doesn't it seem that they are treating Rudy with kid gloves?

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Actually, I liked the webcast sketch ...

4. DanOregon

I can't think of a good character that has been developed in the last few years. I kind of liked Amy Poehler Gilda Radner-rip off with Horatio Sanz "rick, rick" but the big H is gone. Wiig's Ms. One-better is okay, but really I can't think of any sketch that gets applause when it opens.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

... and I liked "Wake up, Wakefield"

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Ken Ober signed on, but Kari Wuhrer was too busy with her Skinemax filming schedule.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Without reading all three pages, I liked the stoner pilgrim skit and Spoon. Weekend Update is usually pretty good, but Chevy Chase stopped being funny about 15 years ago.

I think it's the writing. The cast is not up to par either, but the writing is just so lame.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing they can't afford to bring Adam Sandler back...

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just remember the ovations you would hear in the background when you would hear

"And now it's time for Church Chat..." or the strange music they played before Hanz and Franz or the cable access sign they would show before Wayne's World.

It might be almost a decade since there has been a really, really good regular sketch... I never thought the cheerleaders were funny, even though I think Ferrell is brilliant. You might have to go back to Farley's "Van by the river" or some of Myers' final years (Coffee talk, Sprockets) to find something that qualifies.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

the most unfunny snl cast member ever.

11. I heard a roast where they said "Colin Quinn was devastated at the suicide of Charles Rocket, because he now becomes the worst living SNL member."

Actually, he's better than most of the current cast.

12. DanOregon

I can't think of a single funny thing Jason Sudekis has done, he's kind of like a poor man's Jeff Richmond or Chris Parnell.

Draft saved Draft deleted