1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 10/30/10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

So far, the ongoing Back to the Future skit is awesome.

Other than that ... nothing.

Vincent Price Halloween party? Seriously? How old do these writers think their demographic is?

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I Didn't Ask For This was awesome.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

DVR-ing. Hoping for the return of Jeff Montgomery, Sex Offender.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I forget the name of the new guy that did Eddie Murphy, but Jeebus Cripes... this guy is GOOD! He's the same one who did the Will Smith impression a few weeks back.

It was almost like Fred Armisen was channeling Paul Lynde instead of Liberace, but Vincent Price was a hilarious sketch at times.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And Denzel Washington working the Macy's counter. I'm kicking myself for not setting the DVR, because I've been watching for that guy every week.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The one guy's Alan Alda impersonation was pretty damn good, too.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jay Pharoah is the new guy. He's fantastic.

The Back to the Future skit was a ripoff from a Star Wars one they did awhile back with Kevin Spacey. Both sketches were awesome.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the first "screen test" parody they did was for Pulp Fiction when Samuel L. Jackson hosted in 1997. You had Jerry Mathers (Darrell Hammond), Ann B. Davis (Ana Gasteyer) and Burt Reynolds (Norm MacDonald) all reading for the part of Vincent Vega, and Walter Cronkite (Hammond) as The Gimp. MacDonald also played Quentin Tarantino.

That episode was also notable because it was the first one after MacDonald was fired from Weekend Update (but remained in the cast), and had Will Ferrell's first appearance as Harry Caray. I had it on a VHS tape for years.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Pete - Actually, I'm not that old (40yo) and I usually love the Vincent Price bits. Hader nails it and, usually, they're hilarious.

Now, having said that... yeah... last night's was flat. I was disappointed.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I thought The Return of Shy Ronnie was pretty awesome, if for nothing else than Jon Hamm's awesome look when Rhianna leads him out of the bank. But I also really appreciate Rhianna's willingness to poke fun at her gimmick of being the chick who sings the hook on every rapper's macho track.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/189449/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-shy-ronnie-2-ronnie-and-clyde

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hader was nails (as usual) Wiig was overused (a/u). I wish they found a way to incorporate more impressions into skits. Hader's Alda was scary good, not enough Nasim Pedrad for me. The back half of the show wasn't very good.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

http://www.hulu.com/watch/189449/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-shy-ronnie-2-ronnie-and-clyde#s-p1-sr-i3

Best line?

Boner alert!

Draft saved Draft deleted