1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 10/25

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You've got < two months to wait.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Will Forte bit was OK. But the only reason I watched was Coldplay.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that the quotes were not far off from the actual quotes of Biden and Murtha

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There were three things worth watching... Coldplay's first song, Coldplay's second song, Coldplay's third song...

The rest of the show sucked colossal ass.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Know how I know you're gay?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

actually, I thought it was a good epsiode.The Biden/Murtha bit was good. Really good.
    "By the beard of Jupiter, Gird Your Loins."
    The next sketch wasn't that funny, but it really picked up steam from then on.
    The Mad Men episode, Jon Hamm's John Ham was funny. So was Finger running for city council.
    Don Draper's advice on picking up women. Even Weekend Update seemed to have more of an edge, plus Coldplay.
    I got no complaints.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know most actors are short, but I was surprised Hamm's listed height is only 5-11. They shoot him on Mad Men like he's 6-4.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The stuff with Hamm was uniformly good (save the sex offender sketch and the Vincent Price bit, both of which were about twice as long as they needed to be). They seemed to leave him out more than they usually do with the host, but maybe he was in a lot of stuff with Poehler. Coldplay was better than I thought they would be. Weekend Update batted its usual .100.

Bill Hader ups the funny quotient of anything he's in. He's the best on the show right now. Keenan Thompson is rarely funny but has a nice singing voice.

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I thought there was too much Mad Men-related skits since it's a fairly lowly rated show on a network that has moves in the name. If you watch the show, I am sure it's funny. If you don't, most of the jokes just fell flat.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, if you're not watching "Mad Men," that's on you anyway. :)

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You should watch it, like Hamm said:
    “It’s a cutthroat elimination dancing show. The show stars me, everyone from CSI, the Phillies and the Rays, we also makeover homes. …I don’t want to give anything away but John McCain and Barack Obama will be showing up and they’re both going to smoke weed. I can’t believe they agreed to do it… it’s pretty late in the episode so you have to watch the whole thing.”

12. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

That's what I thought. I watch "Mad Men," and I got the jokes in the two related skits, The Two A-Holes and the Being Don Draper one. They had some inside jokes for those who watch "Mad Men." The Vincent Price skit was the only one that was semi-funny outside of that, and it was because of the things Hamm said.

Not a very good episode at all. I agree that even Weekend Update blew chunks.

Draft saved Draft deleted