1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 10/25

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Oct 25, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So, I've got to ask. If you've got a gold skit on your hands, and you know it's the only thing people want to see, why open your show with something so painfully unfunny audience members like myself consider shutting the television off and watching shadow puppets?

I admit, I haven't watched much SNL over the past couple of years, but that opening sketch was one of the worst ones I've ever seen.
  2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What is this gold skit that you refer to ?
  3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Poehler had her baby this afternoon, which set them scrambling to rewrite a bunch of stuff.
  4. schiezainc

Something with that lady who played Kerri Downey in an episode of "Upright Citizens Brigade" impersonating a former beauty pageant contestant who is touring the country spreading anti-abortionism :) (j/k)
  5. schiezainc

Oh, ok, that's fine then. I'll give them some leeway.

6. schiezainc

Ok, sex offender skit was pretty good.
  7. schiezainc

Ok, that's it. I'm done. I can't take any more of this. I lasted 23 minutes and am going to watch something else. This is, by far, one of the worst television shows on television.
  8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

The opening skit wasn't bad, it made me smile a few times.
    But I could go the rest of my life without seeing Andy Samberg in anything, ever again.
    And while I've never watched Mad Men, my goodness, Jon Hamm is gorgeous.
  9. shockey

shockey Active Member

mazel tov, amy.

will tina fey replace her for "update?" probably too much to ask.
  10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

So she had the kid this afternoon. You mean to tell me she couldn't make it back to 30 Rock in time for tonight's show? At least for the opening skit and Weekend Update?

What's the old saying -- The Show Must Go On? Someone should tell that to Amy.
  11. schiezainc

FWIW, it's not like this is an unexpected surprise. Chick was gonna pop any day. If her giving birth really did mess things up, that's on the writers. They should have planned better.
  12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Coldplay performs three times, and can be heard after the third asking if they should do another. Guess that's one way to fill space.
    Also, shout out to Barack.
Draft saved Draft deleted