1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL (10/10)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Yeah, thought the opening would have been better. It's like they had to throw it together at the last minute, which they did, but back in the day they could have come up with something inspired even on short notice.

I don't what the deal is with Armisen's impression. It's like it was better during the election, and has gotten progressively worse. How does that happen? Still not the worst presidential impression in show history though ... that goes to Will Forte's George W. during the 2004 election.

I agree wholeheartedly on Kristen Wiig. I think her in almost every movie cameo she's ever done. Don't like a single one of her SNL characters. Not one.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Forte's W was pretty bad, but I think part of that was that Ferrell had done such a great impression that Forte's seemed just horrendous by comparison. At least Forte was trying, I don't think Armisen is doing anything. You can type Obama impression into YouTube and find 20 better impressions of Obama.

I get the sense with Wiig that everybody kisses her ass and tells her how funny her characters are when in reality she's at her best when other people are writing for her. She was perfect in Knocked Up and has great comic timing and doesn't need stupid characters to be funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted