1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL (10/10)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, we're off to our usual horse-beating start. Uncreative cold open with Obama, then on to a mildly humorous monologue... until they beat the premise into the ground. I can only guess we're about to be treated to the Target Lady and Deep House Dish yet again.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Worse. Gilley. Ugh.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck that was horrible. Glad I've got the TIVO set for the True Blood premiere at midnight (yeah I'm way behind, duh :D).

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Celebrity ghost stories was OK.

Or else my standards are slipping.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Justin Long as McConaughey? OK. I'll give them that one, especially since it ended with "No, you suck!" I laughed.

... and here comes Moynihan to ruin another sketch.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Gotta admit. James Carville on Update make me chuckle.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup. several times.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Weak. Though Drew looked good. Is there a law on SNL that limits one "joke" per sketch? Honestly, the ASPCA should be after these guys for the way they beat jokes to death.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

fixed

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

This was a rare episode that was funnier from Update on, than pre-update.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There were so many ways they could have gone with the Obama opening, but it was so weak and uninspired.

Armisen's impression is painfully bad, probably the worst presidential impression they've ever had.

I like Kristen Wiig, but I don't find her "characters" very funny. I wish she would leave the show and just do movies.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's what I thought. They're trying too hard on the top-of-the-show stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted