1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 1/31 (Steve Martin hosting)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 31, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No Mraz fan either, DD ... except for that song. It is brilliant.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Just a historical note: The first-ever Wayne's World skit was the last skit of the night. It was the show hosted by Leslie Nielsen. Sometimes they don't know what they have until it's done before an audience.

(I'm kind of an SNL buff. I used to tape it every week back in the late 80s-early 90s and still have most of those on VHS.)

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Thought "The Remedy" was a pretty good song, too, a while back. So I bought the album. My mistake. I'll just download the one good song he puts out every five years from now on.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Sudeikias is good. Great as Biden, and now doing pretty well as Blago. Good stuff. And I liked him on 30 Rock a while back. I'm becoming a fan.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Bradley Cooper. Really. Suppose Chris Cooper was unavailable. Or Cecil Cooper.

I was trying to figure out where I remembered him from; it was "Alias," where he was like No. 5 banana.

That's going to be in the running for most obscure SNL host ever.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Which brings me back to my weekly rant about the audience. They have a dress rehearsal earlier in the evening. If the show airing as it does is any indication, that audience laughs like hyenas on ecstacy just like the live show's audience does at the most unbelievably unfunny shit ever aired. Where the f**k do they find these people!?!

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Most of the laughs I've heard of late could be considered laughing's equivalent to polite applause.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The mere fact that Seth referenced the Shamwow guy was classic.

That guy is a social commentary in himself. I think they pulled him from a booth at the Bloomsburg Fair.

"Now, for the next 20 minutes ... cause we can't do this all day ..."

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Can't believe they're bringing back Paterson, but I guess they can use the attention. I have to admit it's pretty funny. "Was there a mouthbreather convention in Ithaca I did not know about?"

10. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Used to be a fan of Wiig, but man, her act is getting ridiculous. That was just horrendously unfunny.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm not liking much on the show right now, but I still find her one of the best things.

12. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

No doubt she has talent, but the stuff she has been doing has gotten really, really repetitive.

Draft saved Draft deleted