1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 1/31 (Steve Martin hosting)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 31, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap! That'll work. And she has a new movie to plug too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not to mention you'd probably get a cameo outta her hubby.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. Why was this the second to last skit?!

4. Killick

... and Mraz/Callait(sp?) have a nice duo. So, best two things on tonight's show are the last two items on the board. ::)

BTW, another sign of douchebaggery by this Cooper guy? He just divorced Jennifer Esposito (who I've had a major crush on since "Spin City.")
    [​IMG]

5. highlander

highlander Member

He probably only dumped her, after four months, because he can nail something younger and hotter. Or maybe they didn't get along.

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Armisen just totally sucks as Obama, although at least he's toned down the stupid voice. Still love Sudeikas as Biden, and he ALMOST saved it.
    Martin's monologue was just awful. This guy's a comedian? All I could think during it was how embarassingly bad "Pink Panther 2" is going to be. And the first one was pretty damn bad on its own.
    And more "Laser Cats"? Damn. The Super Bowl skit might be the worst I've ever seen.
    Halfway through, and the only laugh was from the Chewable Pampers. Corn Chowder? Yum.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Just catching Mraz's first song now. I love this song.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Never has there been a more appropriate musical act for an SNL than Jason Mraz.

He is Suck at an unprecedented level.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You blow, beej. ;)

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Here's my question to Steve Martin:

You know, that Peter Sellers fellow was a pretty funny guy. What makes your version of the Pink Pather movies different from his?

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I like this song too. But overall, Mraz does suck. Sorry, shotty.

12. Killick

Waste of a good guest host. Was watching an old Johnny Carson DVD last night, and there was the Steve Martin I wish was on SNL last nite. Ladies and gentlemen, The Great Flydini.

Draft saved Draft deleted