1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL, 1/29/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lisa_simpson, Jan 29, 2011.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Your host: newly-minted Best Actor Oscar nominee Jesse Eisenberg. Musical guest: Nicki Minaj.

Will Mark Zuckerberg make a cameo appearance? Will there be some sort of wardrobe malfunction or other sartorial insanity during the "musical" performances? How bad will the inevitable State of the Union parody sketch be?

Discuss.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Zuck is in the house.
    The Mr. Wizard sketch made me laugh, really hard.

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

This was going so well ...... and then Seth Meyers killed it with Weekend Update.

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Only caught the last 20 minutes. Whoever wrote the last two sketches, especially "Spatalk", should donate their paychecks to charity. Just utterly devoid of anything close to a laugh. I know the weak-ass stuff shows up at the end of the show, but you see the premise of Spatalk, and the only question you can possibly have is, "They had a week, and this is all they could come up with?"

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the blaxploitation horror sketch and any send-up of Bachmann is all right by me, but it was at best average.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

as he does every week.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Zuckerburg being there was pretty cool. I don't think they did enough with it, but, not too bad.

The rest of the show sucked.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Did Eisenberg do anything of merit in the first 70 minutes? Because he looked like an indistinguishable extra in the two sketches I saw.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

God, that was hysterical. So was Bride of Blackenstein. I like any sketch where the musical guest is game enough to appear in it, and Nicki had that attitude from the moment she spoke.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched Bride of Blackenstein twice - damn that was funny (so funny it seemed out of place).
    The ad for the Kardashian show makes me wonder if we'll be seeing less of the "Kardashian Sisters" on SNL now that Comcast has taken over - also noticed the slam on TimeWarner in the Mubarek skit. Nobody ever said SNL didn't know who signed their paychecks.

11. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

They've had no objection to ripping NBC and GE in the past. Don't see why it would stop now.

Draft saved Draft deleted