1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 1/15/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lisa_simpson, Jan 15, 2011.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Gwyneth has been underwhelming, to say the least, so far. Cold open was awful and saved only by Bill Hader's truly demented take on James Carville.

Digital short, however, was brilliant.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I chuckled a few times at that bar mitzvah skit, esp at the Jay-Z part. Also, Anderson Cooper sitting on that Pee Wee Herman chair was funny.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ron White is on Comedy Central... I made the switch.

4. lisa_simpson

Okay, this was an interesting way to transition into the musical performance. Cee-Lo is one odd-looking dude, though.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Digital short got cut short here. Went straight to an iPad commercial.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay... loved the Shakespeare bit. Silencing your hawks, absolutely no recording of the play, and:

"Let's all go to the lobby... let's all go to the lobby... let's all go to the lobby and eat some boiled duck!"

"Aw, HELL NAY!"

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

This Fresh Prince of Bel-Air DVD extras bit is fucking HILARIOUS.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

WELCOME TO EARTH!!!!!

Holy shit, that was fucking great.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This guy playing Will Smith has stolen every bit he's been in. Who is it? How long has he been on? I haven't watched SNL in a while obviously.

10. lisa_simpson

That's Jay Pharaoh. He was added to the cast as a featured player at the beginning of this season.

Speaking of featured players, Paul Brittain looked an awful lot like Neil Everett in that SportsCenter Deportes parody. Not what they were going for, I'm sure.

11. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

As mentioned, joined this season. Pharoah also does a dead-on Denzel Washington, Eddie Murray, and more. He has a Barack Obama that he's done in his stand-up, but they haven't done it in the show yet.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pharoah is the best guy they've added in decades. Mild exaggeration, maybe, but I don't remember someone who killed every single time out of the gate.

Draft saved Draft deleted