1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL (1/10)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Neil Patrick Harris tonight. Okay, I'll stick around...

Decent open. Pretty good monologue. Then:
    SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH! And the show comes to a dead stop on the first skit, mocking Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford's fourth hour of the Today show. Why the fuck do I still give this piece of shit a chance?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Is there a new girl replacing Poehler who they didn't credit in the opening credits?

She did the cold open, then she was in the later part of the second skit.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

She was the first girl in the featured, or whatever they call them, cast. The b-team.
    Second skit was pretty good. I cracked up when the rest of the Broadway singers started doing the song from Rent.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That was Chris Elliott's daughter? Wow. I didn't think she looked like that.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Digital short = outstanding

6. Killick

Really? Outstanding?
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. It was the Doogie Howser theme. And where was the comedy?

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Can young Taylor be any more plastic?

8. Killick

I dunno. But with those front teeth, I think she may be John Elway's illegitimate daughter.
    EDIT: I will say this for her, though. She's cute (in that 18yo ingenue way), can sing a little and actually plays an instrument. More than you can say for many young stars these days. Oh, and she's singing live (yeah, Ashley Simpson, that means you).

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I should be a fan. She is, after all, a Berks County, Pa., girl.

Incidentally, Wikipedia's already reported that she just became the youngest country performer ever to appear on SNL.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Has Barkley ever hosted SNL?

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Yeah, about fifteen years ago.

12. Killick

Yep. Remember the Barney sketch, when he played Barkley one-on-one, and Charles gave him a devastating elbow?

Draft saved Draft deleted