1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 01/08/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 8, 2011.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Jay Pharoah Eddie Murphy impression had me in tears laughing. He sounds just like Eddie!

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That amusement park sketch was fucking gold.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If you're going to have someone play an anamatronic figure, Carrey's the man.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Welcome back, indeed.

Man, like I said, I'd never heard of them, but my God, they were good.

5. Big Circus

Most definitely. And the new guy on the tambourine was pretty good, too.

I was kind of disappointed they didn't have more of a funny face-off between Carrey and Hader. I'm picturing something like the great sketch with Mick Jagger looking in the mirror and Mike Myers playing his reflection.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm pissed I missed the Thicke impersonation. That's what happens when the show has sucked for so long that you watch the show with your thumb pressed on the FF button of your DVR remote.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I pretty much gave up after the second sketch out of the gate was the pubic hair replacement commercial... the one they've shown four times so far. Hung around for the Black Swan spoof... was gone by Weekend Update.

8. Big Circus

I dug the Black Swan spoof, too (haven't seen the movie). I was a big fan of Carrey's Vera de Milo character on In Living Color, and this was basically a blend of that with some of his Ace Ventura tics. Funny stuff.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The Thicke: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/psychic-medium/1268801/

Amusement park ride: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/amusement-park-ride/1268837/

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Thanks... I'll watch it when I get home from work...

Draft saved Draft deleted