1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snip snip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 2, 2015.

1. I don't think I did the follow up either. I had it done about six years ago.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I just about passed out reading the first paragraph of Team Buds post.
    Getting it done is one thing, but to get it undone, and then done again........
    Son of a bitch, what did your balls ever do to you to deserve that?

Vombatus and TeamBud like this.
  3. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

They've served me well. I realize how badly I treated them in the past and now I try to pamper them as much as I can. I'm thinking I'll spring for some Tommy John boxer briefs for Christmas.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is TeamBud from Scranton?

TeamBud likes this.
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Update that I'm sure everyone was waiting for: went for the consult today. Looks like I actually DO have a vas deferens (some don't apparently, which seems odd) and I'm scheduled for the Thursday before the Super Bowl. I figure I'm off that Friday already, so that gives me a 4-day weekend to do absolutely nothing. Anything good on Netflix or Amazon?

Not excited about taking the shot to the nuts (Doc: "I'm not going to lie. It'll probably be more than the bee sting that people say. It's your nuts, after all.") but the rest sounds easy enough assuming I don't have any complications.

LET'S DO THIS!

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

There's probably a cheaper home version, you know. Check with Chef.

BDC99 and JackReacher like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No way Jose.
    I'm fine with working on toes and fingers and stuff. Nuts are a different breed of cat.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Geez. Chef exhibits caution. I am disappointed and was bracing myself for a horribly wonderful self mutilation story.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I said it before......I'll say it again.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you have not watched Jennifer Jones on Netflix, you should. Good stuff.

You guys think vasectomies are bad, you ought to be in the OR when they go after a kidney stone old school. I was in there with the doc, three bored with seeing dicks on the table nurses, and an anesthetized patient. You know that posture that you involuntarily assume when you see someone take a bad shot to the nuts, where you kind of rock your hips back and clamp your knees together protectively? I spent about ten minutes like that.

The Urologist picks up an 18" tube with a pistol grip on it, looked like it was a little less than 1/4" thick, grabs the guy's dong, and basically sheathes it in his urethra, slides it up to the bladder, then wigwags it a bit so he can hit the ureter, then goes up that to the kidney. He then runs a catheter with a basket on the end through the tube, manipulates it to get the stone in the basket and pulls it out.

That's the easy way. If the stone is too large then he first uses a catheter with a crusher clamp on the end to break up the stone, then the basket to pull out the pieces.

Think about that the next time you're swilling a lot of beer.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Reacher,

Freeze some junk before you get this done. You just never know.

Lugz

JackReacher and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I do. More than anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted