1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snip snip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 2, 2015.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Had zero issues with mine.

Just sat with the proverbial frozen peas for a couple days then good as new.

Shaving before hand was the most difficult part.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I usually give the little bastards 20 bucks and tell them to go see a movie.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers?

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

2500 procedures a year!

Vasectomy Calgary

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Does he have a drive through?

[​IMG]

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Ether way your meat gets manhandled.

dooley_womack1 likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

boo

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Better than getting turdburgled.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mine hurt like hell for a month. An old boss ran a half marathon the next week.

10. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Had it done after our second daughter was born about eight years ago.
    Don't remember it being that painful, though I may have blocked it all out of my memory.
    The whole time the procedure was taking place I could hear my wild and crazy one year old trashing the waiting room and knew that it was the right thing to do (my wife had to bring her because I needed a ride home). She is the sunshine of my life but she remains a handful to this day and I barely survived her early years.
    My wife had just gone through breast cancer and chemo and radiation and I was already in my early 40s so it was a no-brainer.
    My wife and I often talk about what it would be like to have a third but then quickly come to our senses when our youngest loses her shit for no reason.
    Neighbour friend put it off after No. 2 and ended up with No. 3 after a New Year's party at our house. (They got really drunk and went home and put the bun in the oven that night). Their No. 2 was entering Grade 1 so they were free and clear of diapers and such and had to start all over. We always joked about it and you could tell they had regrets

11. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

I had it done in '89 (after third kid), undone in '96 (after divorce/remarry), and done again in '02 (after two more kids). Never had any complications. It seems like there was a little pain when they clamped off the tubes but it was minor. As others have said: get it done on a Friday, spend the weekend in bed watching sports/movies, then you're home free.

The undoing was a little more complicated. It was still outpatient but they knocked me out for it. A little nausea when I woke up. A little longer recovery time. I was lucky in that when I got it done, it was covered (or not excluded) by my health insurance. Also, since it had been several years since the initial vasectomy, there was a lower chance of success. But it all worked out well and I have two more daughters to show for it. The lesson learned is to freeze some semen prior to getting it done just in case something happens and you find yourself wanting more kids someday. Unless you really like having your boys cut on over and over again. :)

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much exactly a year out. Wasn't too bad. I followed the don't do anything for a few days very strictly. While I would do it again and it hasn't been that bad, I still have a little pain on my left side sometimes and still have to keep the boys contained, usually with briefs even though I'm a boxers guy, when I do anything active like run or play racquetball or whatever or else I really feel it after. One interesting thing I remember from my consultation is the doctor said to have a little fun to get it all cleared out afterward. Was sort of hoping that would spring my wife into action, but alas there was no real increase in activity for me!

I want to ask a question for those who've done it. I was clear in both my followup checks but they also suggested doing it again a year later. Anyone do followups a year or even more after? I have to say, it's a very bad dream to end up with this failing (we have four super kids, but I am worn out to say the least). Probably should just do it because of that, but I wanted to see what others thought.

Draft saved Draft deleted