1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snip snip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Had it done on a Friday and was back at work on Monday. Procedure itself was pretty uneventful and unmemorable.
    Spent Friday and Saturday with the frozen peas on the couch watching a Green Acres marathon on TV Land. Back to normal by Sunday.

The one piece of advice to follow is the post -procedure recommendations. The one sure-fire way to enable any post-procedure complications is to try and do too much too fast. I think my doctor told me a story about a guy who had the procedure done and then immediately went home and banged the wife--his testicles swelled up to the size of a small cantaloupe and landed him in the ER.

All in all, not a bad deal. Where else are you going to hear your better half say: 1) why don't you sit on the couch for a couple days doing nothing and 2) you need to be rubbing a few out...

JackReacher likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good friend of mine got it done on a Friday morning, got pretty well drunk, and went out golfing that afternoon.
    Another 6-pack in, and 5 holes later....his face turned about the color of a manila envelope.......threw the cart and clubs in the shed and went home!

3. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

All I remember is getting a Valium and Lortab prior to the procedure and not giving a fuck during or after. Went and had sushi afterward
    I missed one full day of work but was sore for a week.

Oddly enough, my back hurt for that week, too.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What happened to the frozen veggies?

Always thought the pro move was to schedule it for a March Madness or the Masters.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Got a trip halfway across the country scheduled for March Madness. Also don't want to wait that long. Thinking over Christmas break.

Christ. I hate doctors.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mine was done Friday of March Madness.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Don't be a pussy.

DeskMonkey1 likes this.
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're the best, Chef.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A bunch of my friends have had it done. Didn't miss a beat.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Long time since I've used one, but I never considered condoms expensive, even when I was a teen and needed what little money I had for alcohol and drugs.

dooley_womack1 likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Condoms are the worst.

SnarkShark, YankeeFan and JC like this.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Best of the column - naming your scrotal blood clot Cowherd.

JackReacher likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted