1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sneaking into the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Oct 23, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yes, I am committing a crime. A heinous, heinous crime. I also pull illegal U-turns on occasion. The cops will never take me alive.

Actually, double dipping saves me a Netflix rental later. Which cuts down on Netflix shipping, which saves the environment. I'm saving the world here!

"We give this movie ... the finger!"

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/68yP0ggFvBs/default.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D4jbEU72XEq0&usg=__9v-ZFG07YwhcECzEgZ2ADkles04=&h=90&w=120&sz=2&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=6zVD848V6EfOlM:&tbnh=66&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhollywood%2Bshuffle%2Bsneakin%2Bmovies%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26um%3D1

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842.html

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Was at a dinner party a while back. Nice gathering, about 5-6 couples.

Broke up before the main course, because the hosts had to go down to the police station and get their high school age son who had been arrested for sneaking into a movie. Kid was charged with something, can't remember what.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Go to your nearest Dollar Tree. Stock up and wear baggy pants so you can hide the soda or flask. You'll have a ball and tell us how it went.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Sneaking in from outside the theater?
    The charge is usually trespassing.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Arrested? I'll take my chances.

Then again, I do know a cop who routinely works the area by the theatre and he always tells me how he can get me free movie tickets.

One way or another, I'm seeing a free fucking movie tonight!!

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's so easy at these big multiplexes. We've got one right beside a Borders. 20 theaters in there, one spot to take tickets. There's an upstairs, a downstairs, a main floor, and then an annex. Once you're in there, no one knows what you're doing as long as you don't make a nuisance of yourself or draw attention to yourself. Makes for a nice afternoon once in awhile -- check out the new offerings at Borders, then head over to the movies. Plural.

Just preplan. Figure out the movie schedule. Know what movie is coming up right after yours. If you have to kill a few minutes, go to the bathroom.

And ESPECIALLY do it if Saw VI is one of the movies you're seeing.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What makes me weep for humanity is that Sonner isn't a high school kid. I'll tell you one thing. I am not skipping out before the main course to bail his butt out of jail.

9. JackReacher

Damn. Not a lot of love for the Saw movies.

But TSP, what you just said sounds a lot like what I've heard from others. And this particular theatre is huge. I can't imagine it'll be a problem. I'm prolly just overthinking it.

Ragu...what's your number just in case? :)

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Big guy with gang tattoos on his face: What are you in for?
    Sonner: Sneaking in to see Saw VI.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dollar Tree sells Hammer Pants?

12. JackReacher

Actually, we're PAYING for Saw VI, sneaking into either Paranormal Activity or Law Abiding Citizen. Undecided at the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted