1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sneaking into the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Oct 23, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

1) Haven't done what you suggest since I was 13 or 14. 2) I think what you have planned is wrong and I plan to notify the police, who hopefully will set up a sting operation and catch you in the act of watching a movie you didn't pay for. For the record, I hear guys convicted of sneaking into the movies are lower on the prison rung than convicted pedophiles.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

This was my first question.

Well, actually, my first question was 'there are now six Saw movies?'

My second was 'why?'

Making 'why are you paying money to see Saw VI?' my third question.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

When it's a major movie, your best bet is to sneak in while the movie is playing. No one checks stubs in the dark.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How bout in relation to men in their 40s who bang chicks in their 20s? I hear they're not very liked in certain places. :)

We plan on trying the double movie thing tonight, but don't think I won't feel a little weird doing it. I'm a grown man completely capable of spending another $20. Maybe I'm cheap. Who knows. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I did it with the SO a few months ago. Felt extreme guilt but we spent a lot at the concession stand. We always stay until the end because we like to watch the credits. Did that, walked out and just walked into the other theater and sat down. People had already started to file in. Funny thing was, we hated that movie so much we got up and walked out after about 10 minutes. I really doubt most of the slackers who work at theaters care at all about it. Most people, as has been pointed out on this thread, don't have the time to do this.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

While you're at it, you can probably figure out how to steal some popcorn and Pepsi.

Seriously, I'm with Ragu. Unless you're 13, this thread is embarrassing.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

We've had a thread about this, and I do it regularly without guilt. If they have the balls to charge me $4 for a soda that cost them 10 cents to produce, I have no problem sitting in an otherwise empty seat and watching a movie they have to show anyway. Whether my ass is in that seat or not makes no difference to their cost.

The only way it's stealing, by my logic, is if I would otherwise have come back on a separate occasion and paid to see the second movie. Usually I only double dip for something I know is probably crappy but want to see anyway. Like, say, Saw VI.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I found being cheap always impressed my dates.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

My fourth question: Are you sneaking in a flask full of rye to mix with your Coke?

Although, these guys don't see the big deal:

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

By your logic, you are committing petit larceny or theft of services. I am not sure if the "I do it regularly without guilt" defense has ever worked in court, but it could be fun to watch the judge's reaction. :)

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Hollywood Shuffle.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Twizzlers and Sprite. Maybe some Skittles, but they always short-change you with those. Huge box, like 20 Skittles. Terribly disappointing.

Draft saved Draft deleted