1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sneaking into the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Oct 23, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Probably a stupid question, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway....

I always hear about people paying for one movie, but sneaking into another one immediately after, therefore getting two for the price of one.

I've never had the balls to do it, or really given it much thought at all. However, the wife brought it up this morning. We're going to see Saw VI at 8. The movie runs 90 minutes, which means it'll end around 10 given 20 minutes or so of previews, blah, blah. The second movie we want to see starts at 10:05, which makes it seem like the perfect fit.

My question is....do you just waltz into the second theatre like any ol' donk? Has anyone does this? And have you ever been caught? Knowing me, I'd fuck it up.

What say you?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Done it one or thrice. In most places once you get past the ticket taker you have the run of the place, and they don't care because it means more concessions.

ADD: If you have 5 hours to waste at a cinema, then hats off.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The real question is, why are you paying money to see Saw VI?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Stop it.

Me and mamachef are going tomorrow night.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with JR on this, unless you are doing it because you feel guilty about getting a free movie.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

There are several ways of doing it. The easiest is to remain in your seat until the movie is over and they begin cleaning up for the next showing. If someone asks, tell them you want to see it again. Usually, it's no problem, especially if you tell them you missed the beginning. As the people start piling in, you walk out and go to the movie theater that you want to see the next flick.
    Always know the starting times, that way you can catch them in their entirety. Enjoy the experience. I've been doing it for decades.

7. JackReacher

It's date night with the wife. Dinner first, then the movies. We got nothing else planned from 10 to midnight, so.....we have the time.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Drip is a confessed, unabashed movie thief. I should have known.

9. JackReacher

Actually, I'm following your lead and never tipping anyone. With the coin I've saved, I can afford to blow a few bucks. :)

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

And I might add, it's a fun thing to do if you don't have anything planned for say six hours or so.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ace, I have saved myself a lot of coin over the years by not paying for awful movies. I've also seen some pretty good ones on discount. Kind of evens itself in the end.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I did it all the time in high school and college. The only way you'll ever get caught is if it's a major movie opening and they're checking ticket stubs because it's sold out. I haven't done it in quite awhile because as someone else said, who has five hours free, especially when you have kids.

Most of the people who work there make minimum wage and couldn't be bothered to throw you out even if they know what you're doing.

Draft saved Draft deleted