1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sneaking in to movies...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 8, 2009.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Simply the price of beer in Canada. bought 12 beers yesterday for 26 bucks.

2. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

Oppurtunity Knocks is great for one reason...his standard Bush impersonation in the bathroom scene debating blower vs. towels. It alone is well worth finding this movie.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Ok, I just have to know... what did you do for those five minutes loitering in the bathroom?

I mean, did you sit in a stall, pretending to drop a deuce? Make small talk with the guys using the urinals? Wash your hands like you were prepping for surgery?

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Usually I'm actually using the bathroom but if not, I'll go into the stall and text someone.

When I don't feel like doing this, and if I'm only interested in seeing two movies, I'll leave my first movie, go to the concession stand for some popcorn and casually stroll into theater two.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Holy crap. No amount of universal health care is worth that. USA! USA!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I checked with a friend from high school and the five movies we saw that day were:

Opportunity Knocks
    I Love You to Death
    House Party
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Joe vs. The Volcano (which is the one that caused us to stop our quest to be there from opening to close) Awful film.

Apparently, the Marrying Man one was a different trip.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Even for the price of one admission, you got ripped off.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yeah but you're also drinking American beer

9. highlander

highlander Member

On a totally different subject has anyone gone to the movies and there is a long line to get into the movie you want to see or it is sold out and have bought a ticket for another movie and gone into the other movie.

I don't think this is as easy to do now, but did this more than once many years ago. This is how many years ago, we bought tickets to "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" and snuck in to "Rocky III"

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Most movie theaters protect themselves from larcenous patrons by not showing more than one movie at a time that any rational person would want to see.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sorry to be a nitpicker, but the concept of theft and intellectual property is one facing our society in a big way now.

By definition, larceny involves gaining dominion over someone else's property and physically moving it.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I didn't say they committed larceny. I send they were larcenous.

How about I change it to licentious, though?

Draft saved Draft deleted