1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sneaking in to movies...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 8, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

How horrible of a person would I be if, after I see Star Trek (sitting thru previews right now), I sneak into a showing of Wolverine across the hall in the cineplex? Stealing? Sure. Somehow, I don't seem to care. And, like, how would they catch you? It's not like they'll be able to watch all the folks milling about.

So, am I an asshole, "thrifty" or a cheap mother-humper?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are you 14?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Funny, same question I had.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I do it all the time.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The Throne of Judgment recuses itself because the leaked Wolverine movie was on its laptop a few weeks ago.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Do it! And then on the way out, tell the people standing in line how the movie ends.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Do this all the time. The huge theater in Times Square, we once saw 5 movies in a day. The key is you have to be willing to see a crappy one, because you might not have a choice if a worker is nearby, you just duck in to what's available (this is how I had the unfortunate pleasure to see Alex and Emma).

The theater at 68th and broadway is great for this as well. I never did this the first 26 years of my life. Then my wife introduced me to it. I was panicking the first time, but she was cool and calm and she has the ultimate excuse. If she gets caught, which she has as a single gal, she says she's a foreigner - which she is - and acts completely confused.

She used to go so far as change outfits in the restroom before re-emerging, but that's when the theaters had more workers.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How would you like it if someone read your stories without... -- nevermind.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Having worked at a movie theater, it's pretty easy to pull this off.

But personally, I couldn't sit in a theater all day and watch a string of consecutive movies. I'd rather d/l them, pick and choose when to watch them.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, ultimately my questionable morals gave way to my leaden (and elephantine) ass -- after 2-plus hours of Trek I couldn't possibly do another 2 hours for Wolverine. AMC wins this round. I guess I'll catch Wolverine in a matinée sometime.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

MARCY: Okay, well, like I said I was on 3rd Avenue, and I stopped by a large department store.

GEORGE: Which one?

MARCY: Bloomingdale's.

GEORGE: Very good. Go on.

MARCY: Oh, and I stole a Piaget watch.

GEORGE: What's that?

MARCY: And then, I was on such a... high, that I went upstairs to the salon on the fifth floor, and got a massage and facial, and skipped out on the bill.

GEORGE: Shoplifting.

MARCY: Well, what about you? You told me that you were engaged. What was the rest of that? (Pause)

Draft saved Draft deleted