1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sneakers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Sep 3, 2008.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I wear mine until they die too. I was so disappointed when I went to put on my dark ones and saw light coming through. Apparently they started coming apart from the sole before the tread wore out.

2. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

What's the problem with the shox? I didn't know they were that bad. I like them more than my 360s, the air pocket always pops and then they make that hissing sound when I walk.

Until I started running 5Ks, I just thought the more money you spent on shoes, the better. Never realized what all those numbers meant with New Balance.

The newest shoe that I've become fond of is the Garmont Nasty. They're trail shoes, but are put together really well for everyday wear.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The Shox don't provide a great deal of arch support and can lead to ankle and knee problems.

And for those who don't know what the New Balance numbers mean: the higher the number, the more support and the better quality. I used to live in my 926s. They were so comfortable I never wanted to take them off.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I'm running right now in 740s. They made me stand on a computer pad and told me that was my shoe.

Said it was more sturdy/rigid than 992, in that my foot doesn't really move around much, plus its got lots of arch support.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I noticed the Big Ben line. Unfortunately for me, they didn't have my size.

6. You're kidding, right? I saw a hipster walking around in a pair of those a couple of days ago. But he wasn't wearing anything that matched the sneakers. It was bizarre.

Draft saved Draft deleted