1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sneakers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've never been a big sneaker guy, especially when the prices reached triple figures, but I must admit, I purchased a pair of Starbury's and its one of the most comfortable sneakers that I've ever had on my feet. I'm very impressed with the workmanship and the quaility. I've been able to play hoops in them and they have a good grip on the court. Have other experienced the same feeling with bargain sneaks? By the way, they only cost $9.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They're called "trainers" in the old country, bloke.

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Oh, I thought this was about a Robert Redford movie. Carry on.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I admit I'm a shoe whore. I've probably got like 40 pair, 15 of which are old jordans I've retired. I drop ridiculous amounts of money on shoes. that being said, i've been interested in buying some of those shoes. WE don't have a store that carries them around here. I guess there's always eBay.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought they were tennis shoes.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Tell you what, got to eBay and purchase a pair. I'm telling you they are extremely comfortable and surprisingly durable.

7. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

I'm a pretty big sneakers guy. They're all similar, but different colors and stuff. I probably spent $300 on 15 pairs of shoes because I bought a lot of them on eBay.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I used to have a pair of these ...

[​IMG]

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

New Balance for running and Chucks for everything else. Pretty simple. If you're looking for shoes, check out zappos.com. Don't know if they have the old school stuff you're looking for, but they do have a lot of s**t.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

my 13-year-old nephew and his friends were all into the Starburys a year ago. now they prefer the new Starbury line, Big Ben's (Wallace) .. still no more than $15.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I buy a pair of shoes and wear them until the soles fall off. When I was a sophomore in high school, I "borrowed" my mom's New Balances to go to Europe and my mother pried them off of my feet when I was a freshman in college (the bottom had zero tread on them) and made me put on my flip-flops so we could go shoe-shopping.

But I wear New Balances. When I was on the rowing team, the trainers practically required them because they're better for one's feet than Nike (the Shox are the worst) or Reebok. I'm in a pair of comfortable Aisics right now, which they also approved of. I got these shoes two years ago...so maybe it's almost time for a new pair. The thing is, when I buy a new pair of tennies, I don't mind spending $120 on them because I know I'll wear them until they die.

12. you usually can find new balances relatively cheap and on sale...and they usually last pretty long.

and i'm surprised byh hasn't been all over the steve & barry's jack yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted