1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SnarkUnder Fire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 10, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

[​IMG]

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sad to say, Alley, probably nothing.

Thanks, F_B, for posting that. Incredible stuff there

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The stuff about the visiting dignitaries sounds like something straight out of a MASH episode. I guess it's universal that the visiting dignitaries will always be a pain, and always fail to see what's right in front of them.

Also, George Bush (and, hell, the rest of us) better thank his lucky stars that these troops would be even one-tenth as committed, brave and honorable as this Marine reports them being. It's amazing that after all the hell that they themselves acknowledge, that so many troops would be willing to re-enlist to complete what is an almost impossible mission.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I used to be in military public affairs and I can tell you this Marine's account of dignitaries is spot on accurate. The "reality" they build based on their perceptions is flawed.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Unique account. The view that the US are the "foreign fighters" really highlights the view of the US over there.

The most amazing part was how committed the Marines are. Truly touching.

Thanks for the find.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't know. Reading that letter gives you the impression that the raids and intel that sets them up are one of the few things that seem to be going right. It's the rest of the operation that needs work.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Nothing great was done by committee.

8. unwitty

unwitty Member

This might be the least surprising part of that letter.

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

"Like they say, you can't fight City Hall."

Awesome. That's the kind of line Reilly used to write.

Draft saved Draft deleted