1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snakes! We got motherf*****g snakes in our seniors home!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 16, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Migrating garter snakes invade housing complex in Manitoba.

[​IMG]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/snakes-make-permanent-home-of-manitoba-complex/article1290564/

Snakes didn't know it was a no-pets building

Didn't faze most of the seniors a bit.

“Yesterday I found one curled up in my clothes,” said 84-year-old Shirley Thiessen. “I said to him, ‘You don't pay rent' and picked him up and tossed him outside.”

and

“You get used to them,” resident Jim Monkman said. “The other day one fell off the doorframe and landed on my shoulder.”

Snakes on a shoulder?

“Yeah, it was a bit like a pirate with a parrot,” he said. “I just walked outside with it on my shoulder and brushed it off into the grass.”

But some are a little more cold-blooded.

Mabel Anderson, a 73-year-old mother of 10 and grandmother of 40, isn't so sensitive.

“I kill 20 or 30 a day,” she said.

Asked her preferred extermination method, Ms. Anderson lifted one of her sequined slippers and stomped it to the ground. “Can you believe I stepped right on its head?” she says, pointing to a snake carcass lying in the grass just outside the front door.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted