1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by golfnut8924, Dec 2, 2009.

1. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Seeking advice........

So when I returned home tonight, my dog greeted me as I came through the front door as he always does. I was bent over petting him as I closed the door behind me. As I was closing the door I happened to catch something out of the corner of my eye.

It was a fucking snake!!

It was just a little baby one, no more than maybe 6 inches long and only slightly thicker around than a worm. Our door jam is not air tight and the snake was halfway inside the house and his lower half was in the door jam. So I don't know if he started to slip inside as I had the door open or if he managed to slide inside the door jam when the door was closed. I think if he wanted to come all the way inside he could've because he didn't appear to be trapped or anything. He just came halfway in and then was just hanging out.

Snakes don't bother me at all in a zoo or even when I see them in the wild. But holy shit, seeing them try to slither into your house is a different story. I decided to give him a chance to scram and if he didn't I had a boot ready to rub him out like the mafia. I opened the door a little bit and banged on the door to scare him and he turned and slithered away outside.

So, long story short -- do they make some kind of snake repellant and where can I get some? Also, what are the nesting habits of snakes? I have a lot of bushes right outside my door -- any chance they're living in there or do they mostly live underground? Is there a possibility of a mother snake being nearby or do snakes leave independently once they hatch?

If anyone has had a problem with trespassing snakes, please help. I've had mice. I had a bat once. This is worse in my opinion. Help!

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We moved out of town into the foothills in Feb.
    We have snakes. They have yet to come into the house, but they will.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [/gettingitoutofthewayearly]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hear they're afraid of caps lock and exclamation points.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Holy fuck. I would have run screaming out of the house.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's warm inside and cold out. That's all. Mice and other bugs will do the same thing.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Damn. I saw the thread title and hoped I'd still have a chance to be able to post that myself. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

First thing tomorrow go out and buy a pet mongoose.

Which is worse: squirrels in the attic or a snake in the door jamb?

9. mb

mb Active Member

Or a Samuel L. Jackson.

10. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Yes and it was raining at the time too. Might've been looking for a dry place.

I've researched snake repellant. I'm going Tony Soprano on his ass first thing tomorrow morning.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

The only thing worse than raining cats and dogs is hailing taxis.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Was it venomous?

Draft saved Draft deleted