1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snake being Snake

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, slap, i'm giving a man who was found not guilty the benefit of the doubt.

the first thing many lawyers will tell you is if you get pulled over for DUI, that you should not take any test the cops put in front of you ... politely decline. because stabler was smart, doesn't make him guilty.

2. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

[​IMG]

I heard you were dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All it means is he found a way to beat the rap. It doesn't mean he wasn't drunk driving.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

doesn't mean he was, either.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And if he was sober, why wouldn't he take the test? Answer: He wasn't sober and knew he couldn't beat the test.
    He got off on a technicality; the only good part was that he didn't hurt anyone.
    But his getting off on a technicality is hardly the "good news" that the radio talker made it out to be.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He was drunk.
    He got off on a technicality.
    Certainly isn't the first time this has happened, nor the last.
    But the "good news" comment is pathetic, yet completely expected from the Bammers. There's no crime the all-time greats (and Saban, for that matter) could be convicted of that would make the Bammers talk bad about them.

7. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

As long as Saban's winning.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn right! RTR!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. enjoy voting for mccain.

and, btw, if i'm ever asked to take a test, ever, i'll tell them to blow it out their ass. not my responsibility as a citizen.

also, those tests are subjective as hell. did you also know you can receive a DUI for an .001 reading? at .08 it's a given. if a cop can prove you were impaired at .001, he wins.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I love how innocent until proven guilty is a "technicality".

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A) If he was sober and had nothing to hide, why didn't he take the test?
    B) When the judge tossed the fact that he didn't take the test because the cops didn't watch him the whole time after he announced he wouldn't take the test, he blew the case. (And someone smarter than I needs to explain to me why that matters; what was he going to do, take something to become sober?)
    C) My argument was with fanboi trumpting the fact he got off as "good news." Leave in the fact that he did refuse the test and I'm guessing that the same result isn't reached. What if he hit someone and got off on the same premise? Would it still be "good news?" Tough to get a fair trial when the judge tosses the fact that Stabler refused the test.
    D) What galled me most is the talker decided to throw the line out there and, showing not stones but pom-pons, refused to talk about his comment. You don't want to face the heat for what you say, don't say it; if you don't want to stand behind what you write, don't write it. His lack of testicular fortitude was galling.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if you have nothing to hide, why don't you let the cops randomly search your home? also, see my last post.

Draft saved Draft deleted