1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smoothie makers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 9, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Anybody have any experience with these things? Any suggestions? I was thinking of paying up to $100 although I'd obviously like to get one as cheaply as I can. I saw a Jack La Lanne food processor that makes smoothies among other things for $100 and a buddy has a smoothier maker he paid $100 for. What should I look for in one of these things? Thanks in advance.

2. Je-su-s H Keee-rist! A smoothie maker?

Buy a blender. $35. Freeze your fruit before you blend it if you want chunks. My wife made smoothies the other night with our $20 (it's 11 years old) blender and they were grrrreat.

After we made them and put the kids to bed we sat down to watch "The Way We Were", read some Celine Dion lyrics in iambic pentameter and then we held each other till I cried. Greatest night of my life.

PS: Surrender your man card at the nearest He-man Womanhaters clubhouse. Just slip it under the door.

;)

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I like the Magic Bullet. It's a bit loud, but it does the trick and gives you single serving smoothies.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Get a Waring blender. It'll last forever.

[​IMG]

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

A bit loud? It sounds like the spawn of Satan. But I love the bullett... and it's good for so much more than smoothies. Although now that I've learned just how much ice cream goes into a 12 oz milk shake, I'm not drinking so many milkshakes.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And when I viewed this thread, it was right next to Jones's colon....

9. rgd

rgd Guest

I'll second that.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Buy a blender.

Nothing in your kitchen should do only one thing.

11. My microwave makes cold stuff yummy. Don't know what else it does. Not going to get rid of it though. ;D

12. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Write,

It can also make your whole house smell like burned popcorn. That's two things.

Two Gloves...everybody's right, get a blender...Google "smoothie recipes" and you're all set.

Draft saved Draft deleted