1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smoke up losers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Dude went from being a barroom singer to a billionaire. He's a marketing genius - and a pretty good songwriter.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

None of that changes what I said.

5. Inky_Wretch

None of what I said was intended as a rebuttal.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Somewhere, YankeeFan is shaking his head in disgust. Up to 1.5 ounces.

And I'll just bet state police are lined up at the Pennsylvania border tomorrow.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

PA will come soon. Dems just need to take the state Senate.

garrow and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just make it national already and let the states decide and let the banks take in the money. Banks love money. Overnight, they would have major infusions if they were allowed to work with marijuana businesses.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in #49 in anything positive Alabama, the state had passed a pretty restrictive medical marijuana law. However, the process of awarding franchises was either badly flawed or the favored interests of the Governor and powerful members of the lege didn't get a big enough slice. The process has been suspended and they're going back to the drawing board to revamp the selection process for those who will be minting money here.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

As always, if The Lege ain’t making money then no one will make money.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, this is Alabama. The lege knows all about sin taxes and how to spend the money they produce. Hell, they've even improved on the scam.

The State runs liquor stores all over the state, and both wholesales and retails Demon Rum while also taxing the hell out of it. Profit!

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Man, I loved the legal weed shops in Massachusetts and Maine. And Amsterdam. They were very helpful on what kind of high you wanted ... chill or energized. Knowledgeable. Actually much less dangerous than alcohol when relegated properly.

Draft saved Draft deleted