1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Smoke 'em out" - Obama bringing hate groups out of their holes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's not that he's black, beardpuller.
    He's just overtly non-white.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Let's not argue about which parts of the country these people come from--the fact of the matter is that they do, and it's a damn shame.

If nothing else, I hope these stories (and I'm sure there will be more) will remind Americans that racism is still alive and well.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There's racism in just about every nation and culture on the planet. Stupidity knows no borders.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Tonight, Billy Cunningham was talking about the other side of the story that the mainstream media won't cover: That 95 percent of the black vote is going to Obama (of course, Cunningham used his full name) and many of those people will vote for him because he's black.
    Later in the show he repeated the debunked-six-ways-from-Sunday rumor that Obama was raised a Muslim as if it were still true.
    Why do racists insist on having equal time or having both sides of the story covered when their side isn't worth covering?

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I have a question: Why do you listen to these hate-mongers? You're constantly providing anecdotes of listening to Rush and O'Reilly and Michael Savage. Why do you listen?

6. Smallpotatoes

They make me laugh.
    And I've never brought up an O'Reilly anecdote.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A local radio host was doing the same thing a few weeks ago and really putting the emphasis on Obama's middle name. A caller took him to task and the host said "It's his legal name. I'm just using the name on his birth certificate!"

During the next segment, the discussion was about who McCain would choose as VP. He kept mentioning Bobby Jindal, the Gov. of Louisiana. I finally called in (using a fake name) and asked why he wasn't using Jindal's legal name. He sputtered and stammered and accused me of being a racist for calling Bobby Jindal his legal name of Piyush Jindal.

8. Smallpotatoes

Well played.

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Isn't "Mississippi Burning" a true story of the history of Mississippi?

10. lono

lono Active Member

THEY TRY JUST AS HARD AS NO. 48, DAMN IT!

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Are you being a smartass?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It is based on a true story, but the screenplay took about as many creative liberties as a boots recap of a night at the neighbor's house.

Draft saved Draft deleted