1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Smoke 'em out" - Obama bringing hate groups out of their holes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 22, 2008.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I especially love the first quote in this article:

"I haven't seen this much anger in a long, long time," said Billy Roper, a 36-year-old who runs a group called White Revolution in Russellville, Ark. "Nothing has awakened normally complacent white Americans more than the prospect of America having an overtly nonwhite president."

Leave it to an Arkansan to coin the term "overtly non-white."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/21/AR2008062101471.html

2. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Wow. I'm embarrassed that this story could even be written.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

There are numerous reasons one might rationally prefer McCain to Obama for POTUS.

But if the fact he's black is your number one reason: You need to get out, more.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm embarrassed, but it needed to be written. The first step in defeating a problem is acknowledging the problem exists.

5. Eli Saslow byline? Did he leave sports?

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

He's been doing a lot of campaign coverage lately.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/wp-makes-up-explosion-in-hate-sites-story

Gee, the racist pigs made it up that they are getting higher numbers.
    Knock me over with a feather.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Of course you'd find that on Sweetness & Light, the blog that has illuminated so many Americans with great headlines like "Obama Wore Muslim Garb During Kenya Trip" and proudly links hate mongers Ann Coulter and Mark Levin.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Traffic numbers don't lie.

10. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Maybe not. But if you actually read the article a little more carefully, its entire premise seems to be to discredit the WaPo, and accuses Obama of forcing them to lie about the numbers.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Get used to these stories. These bags of pus are everywhere, not just in Arkansas, not just in the South.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sweetness & Light? Is that the little pink packet, or the yellow one?

Anyway, article addressed the inflation of numbers by group leaders. ADL is also quoted as saying they've seen an increase in hate-web traffic.

Draft saved Draft deleted