1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smith

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I liked all the acting in Smith, but I really don't think a competent crook would need a speedboat and all those explosions just to rob an art museum in Pittsburgh. Hell, the gang that robbed the Gardner only needed some containers and handyman's tools, and they've never been caught.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I know it was just the pilot, but it seemed pretty predictable to me...maybe it was to everyone else?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It was OK. I'll definitely try to check out a few more episodes before I make up my mind.

The exploding truck was kind of a joke, considering there still about three lanes to the left of it the cops could have used. The entire idea of a waterway escape was poorly planned since the cops could have just radioed ahead and said "they're on the river wait for them."

It was, however, better than anything else on TV at the time considering I get six channels.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I really liked it and the sideplot with Madsen being in Narcotics Anonymous has me intrigued... I was worried that she was just going to be a side character who kisses Liotta goodbye before he goes off to steal things...

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Do you go to a club on your own, and leave on all alone, and go home and cry and want to die?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No, I just dispense with the formalities and hang the DJ. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted