1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SMG uncovers Jews in Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 4, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Two pages in and nobody's linked Denis Leary's Youkilis/Mel Gibson on-air rant from a few seasons ago? Shame, SportsJournalists.commers. Shame. If I wasn't on my iPhone now, I'd find it. Saved it on my Mac at home. Also saved an interview I did a week later in which I pointed out I was calling from Cincinnati, where both Youkilis and Koufax played college ball, making Leary laugh. (Admittedly, Koufax only played hoops for the freshman team at UC, but still...)

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/40420/

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dre!
    Just got home, jumped on the computer and was about to post it. But... ya beat me to it. God, I love that clip.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

wrongo!

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Any list of tribe members without Gabe Kapler on it is bogus.

6. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Harrison Ford is a quarter jewish ... not too shabby.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

House of David pre-beards?

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

There's a book out now called The Baseball Talmud, which goes over every Jewish player (no Carew, as he's not, but Boudreau did make it) at every position.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The House of Duggar laughs at you. They can field a baseball team and a softball team.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Nope. The World's Champion All-Brother Baseball Team of 1929: the Stanczak Brothers of Waukegan, Illinois.

They beat the Marlatt Brothers of Hawk Spring, Wyo., to earn the title. They also beat other "brother" teams, including the Deike Brothers of Houston -- with a young ringer named Lyndon Baines Johnson filling in at first base -- as they toured the country on barnstorming trips in the Depression years.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You only really need Talmudic reasoning for the infield fly rule.

Draft saved Draft deleted