1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SMG Peter Abraham interview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Apr 4, 2008.

1. adamdexter

adamdexter New Member

@In Exile
    I'm the SMG Webmaster- I just wanted to clear a few things up and try to help you out if I can.

1) The latest interviews by default are always public- meaning you do not need to log in or register to view it. There have been one or two mistakes by our editing staff with the last few interviews where they put up the latest interview as members only by accident. I have corrected this.

2) As far as registering and not getting confirmation, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation message is not there it is also possible you may have mistyped your address when registering, you can either contact me and I will help you register/register an account for you or try registering again. I apologize for the issues you have been experiencing- I have checked the system a few times and it seems to be working- but I don't necessarily doubt that you may have not received confirmation at al. So please, let me know.

This also goes for anyone who is having issues with the site or would like to report a problem.
    Please email me at

Webmaster(AT)SportsMediaGuide.com
    (change the (AT) to @)

2. Thanks, guy.

3. Sly

Sly Active Member

I sure don't understand why we need to register and have a password for a sports site with sportswriter interviews. I have enough problems remembering the passwords for my bank website, Netflix, SportsJournalists.com, etc ...

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Love this answer. Kudos to that SE:

Q. How did you get into the industry?

A. My dad was a high school guidance councilor -- he had me join a Junior Achievement club in high school, much to my chagrin. One of the first things they did was tour the local paper, the Standard Times. They showed us the loading dock and the printing press and in the newsroom the Sports Editor was at his desk.

I knew who he was, and I went up to him and said, "the high school swim team is doing well but you haven't done any stories". He said, "they never bring the results down." I said, "too bad, there's a big meet Friday and you should have the results in the paper." He said, "you get them here and I'll put them in the paper." So I did, and lo and behold, it was in the paper the next day. My friends thought that was pretty good. The conference meet was a couple days later. I told the SE, and he said, "bring those results in, and while you're at it get a comment from the coach." I did that, and the next day there was a story with my name on it -- identifying me as a Standard-Times correspondent. A few days later I got a check for $10 and I thought that was the greatest thing in the world. It's the only job I've had since.

beat, I had to replace all quotes/apostrophes/em-dashes to get the post to work...

Draft saved Draft deleted