1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SMG interviews Mark Fainaru-Wada

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 25, 2008.

1. http://www.sportsmediaguide.com/interviews/mark-fainaru-wada/

Lots of really interesting stuff.

When I started reading the interview this was my first question. I wonder if the Chron. or any other major paper would be willing to put that much time and effort into investigating on of its hometown heroes?

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Boy, does that open a can of worms.

Hardcore baseball and Bonds fans may indeed have called the Chron and said "cancel my subscription" in the belief that the Chron was picking on the game and Bonds in general.

That's a phenomenon that isn't exclusive to SF. When Lexington was investigating Kentucky basketball for point-shaving in the mid-1980s, the Herald-Leader actually had a bomb thrown into the newsroom (or it may have been a bomb scare), irate phone calls and thousands of canceled subscriptions.

It IS news, but you've gotta be really careful. You're going to honk off a section of the audience regardless of what you write about.

3. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

he said he was angry thinking about being in jail when bonds broke the record.

never heard him admit that before.

Draft saved Draft deleted