1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smarties or M&Ms

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jul 17, 2006.

?

Which do you prefer

1. Smarties

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. M&Ms (original)

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah Double J, that jingle is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title!! Way catchier than 'melts in your mouth, not in your hand' ...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

After non-pareils and Milky Way/3 Muskateers/Twix, M&M's are the best candy on earth.

Unless you're talking about M&M from "That Was Then, This is Now," which was a pretty good flick.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Wow. Impressed with the random S.E. Hinton reference.

I think the only movie I saw out of the books was the Outsiders. Did Rumble Fish ever make it to the screen?

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Coffee Crisp...makes a nice, light snack!

5. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

For any of you white chocolate fans, the limited edition white chocolate M&M's are fantastic. As far as SE Hinton movies:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

White chocolate M&M's?

7. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Indeed. Matt Dillon, Diane Lane, Mickey Rourke, Chris Penn, Nic Cage, Dennis Hopper, Laurence Fishburne -- helluva cast, though I don't recall the movie being that great.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Even though I generally prefer British candy to U.S. candy, I like M&Ms better than Smarties.

As for Rumble Fish, although I've never seen the movie, I recall a review in one of the NY newspapers at the time it came out that referred to Matt Dillon's acting style as that of a "monosyllabic retard." I am not making that up. When Matt Dillon got an Oscar nomination for Crash, all I could think of was the monosyllabic retard line.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here. Smarties=cheap M & M knockoffs. Call them what you will, they can't compete with these babies...

[​IMG]

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

What happened to the Candybar National Tournament we had on here? Which bar won?

Draft saved Draft deleted