1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smart Americans moving to Canada

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Aug 1, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Hey, give me some Rush and Triumph, a 20-pack of Timbits, a double-double (with Splenda), a Coffee Crisp and I'm a happy Yank.
    Love that Canadian flavour.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I wonder if Canada would be such a nirvana if America didn't have her back.

And how are those beaches in Canada? Outside of a six-week window in July and August.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It says something when people can only be proud or happy with their country when the prevailing politics line up with their own. I voted for Clinton a grand total of zero times, but at no point was I ever ashamed to call myself an American.

Ask what your country can do for you, I guess.

But I've never been to Canada and always wanted to go.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Note to Canada: You can have all our labor organizers. Take 'em. Free of charge. You'll receive a thank-you note when the job is done.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Beaches are fine--just like the ones in Cape Cod, the Hamptons or I don't know, Michigan and Minnesota that are good for 8 weeks of the year.

Hondo probably came up here one summer and brought his cross country skis.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Thanks for your offer, but we have enough of them here.

7. Cansportschick

Mystery, you should come to Halifax. It is party central...well it's also beaufitul too.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Indeed, when I have visited Spain, Germany, Monaco, Italy, France, Holland and Scotland (ha!), I and my wife have been known to launch blistering verbal assaults against those who dare not to speak to us in our native language. We're just terrible, terrible people, and we do what we can to make those we visit feel horrible for not understanding our words.
    Just like HB says.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That probably would be the part I'd most want to visit (that or Toronto). It's got to be better than the Halifax in Virginia, though. But then a cup of shotgun mouthwash would be better than that Halifax.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Beaches are fne - when they're open and not closed due to pollution.

11. Cansportschick

It is ten times better. Don't get me started about the people in Toronto. JR knows what I am talking about. :)

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just remember that Toronto has your back.

If it weren't for us, you'd all be out on dinghies jigging for cod. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted